Fuel to win
Film discussion points:
- What five food groups are mentioned? Which are called ‘macronutrients’ and which are ‘micronutrients’? What do you think these terms mean?
- What are the ‘building blocks’ of proteins called?
- Can you list five types of food that contain carbohydrates?
- What happens to unutilised (unused) carbohydrate?
- What three micronutrients does David Weir (Paralympic Gold Medallist) mention?
- ‘If somebody’s dehydrated, we lose 20 % cognitive function - and then we’re in trouble.’ What do the words dehydration’ and ‘cognitive function’ mean? Why would a dehydrated athlete be ‘in trouble’?