Become a GSK STEM Ambassador
Recent research from STEMNET has shown that 90% of students are more likely to carry on studying STEM subjects after they have engaged with STEM Ambassadors.
The STEM Ambassadors Programme consists of a national network of people who can come from any industry or sector that uses STEM skills and knowledge, including GSK. Many of our employees are STEM Ambassadors and we request that you become one too in order to volunteer in schools.
STEM Ambassadors make a difference in their local community whilst also boosting their own professional skills, experience and confidence. The role depends on you to use your enthusiasm and skills to really excite and engage young people about STEM subjects. By doing this you will help GSK to inspire and develop the next generation of talent.
Deliver demonstrations and workshops, give careers advice or help students with mock interviews: whatever you choose, the role is varied and rewarding.
Follow these steps to become a GSK STEM Ambassador:
- Obtain approval from your line manager and discuss your own personal development objectives linked to the GSK Expectations.
- Register on the STEMNET website.
- Attend an induction session.
- Obtain an enhanced DBS (England, Wales and Northern Ireland) or PVG (Scotland) check.
- Contact the local school or college you would like to visit and contact the Head of Science, Deputy or Head Teacher. You can search for a school here.
- Plan your visit and download relevant materials.