Discover the scientist in you at the Big Bang Fair 2016!
02 March 2016
The GSK Science Education team is thrilled to be at The Big Bang fair once again in 2016. This spectacular free event is the largest celebration of science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) for young people in the UK.
Our volunteers from across GSK will be there to inspire and enthuse your students through real-world science application. They can:
- discover the scientist within, as they learn all about the science in everyday products such as skin cream and toothpaste
- meet our sports scientists from the GSK Human Performance Lab
- test their driving reaction skills on a McLaren Honda F1 simulator
- test their knowledge on the one of the world’s most infectious diseases: malaria
- get to grips with the reality of this disease and learn first-hand how GSK is working with Comic Relief to fight it.
Our stand will be packed with games, competitions and challenges to get your students thinking about science. In our career zone we will have information on our Apprenticeship and Graduate Programmes. As a teacher you can register for free curriculum based materials and encourage your students to take part in our annual GSK Schools Challenge!
We look forward to seeing you there!
Sneak preview from our stand…
Here’s a sneak preview of our ‘Malaria Mastermind’ quiz and a couple of questions to try on your students:
- Is malaria contagious?
- What time of day are you most likely to get bitten by a mosquito that is infected with malaria?