GSK at the Big Bang Fair 2016
22 April 2016
The GSK Science Education team was thrilled to be at The Big Bang fair once again in 2016. This spectacular free event is the largest celebration of science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) for young people in the UK.
Our volunteers from across GSK were there to inspire and enthuse students through real-world science application. Visitors to the stand were able to:
- discover the scientist within, as they learnt all about the science in everyday products such as skin cream and toothpaste
- meet our sports scientists from the GSK Human Performance Lab
- test their driving reaction skills on a McLaren Honda F1 simulator
- test their knowledge on the one of the world’s most infectious diseases: malaria
- get to grips with the reality of this disease and learn first-hand how GSK is working with Comic Relief to fight it.
Our stand was packed with games, competitions and challenges to get students thinking about science. Our career zone also offered information on our Apprenticeship and Graduate Programmes. Many teachers registered for free curriculum based materials and found out more about our involvement with schools.
We look forward to seeing you in 2017!