Visit GSK at The Big Bang Fair 2017
08 March 2017
Discover the newest advancements made by GSK at this year's Big Bang Fair.
GSK believes that the world of tomorrow is built by the young minds of today. That’s why the GSK Science Education team is proud to be attending the Big Bang Fair between 15 and 18 March, meeting young people who can make a difference to our future, and inspiring them to take an interest in STEM subjects.
The Big Bang Fair is the biggest event for science, technology, engineering and maths for young people in the UK, demonstrating the application of cutting-edge science in everyday life. Whether it’s the cream you put on your skin every morning, or worldwide issues such as the malaria epidemic, the importance of science and research can be found everywhere.
GSK Science Education, a free programme to support teachers of children aged 11-14, will be presenting an incredible exhibition where children can interact with real-life applications of science. Come and see the team to get involved with hands-on workshops, including:
- making your own toothpaste or skin cream and learning about the science behind everyday products
- meeting live mosquitoes (and see if they are attracted to your scent)
- discovering how researchers and scientists develop new medicines
- learning more about topics such as the Journey of a cell, through virtual reality experience
- testing your skills with engaging games and challenges.
If we’ve piqued your curiosity, come and join the team on the show floor, and prepare to witness the incredible magic of science!
Find us in D2 at the NEC, Birmingham between 15-18 March 2017.